Thursday, November 4, 2010

is it me??..........


..........or are there some real morons out there these days??
We have had no less than 4 emails this week asking "Do you have bloodhound puppies for sale"?
and these people seem to imagine that they are going to ring up one day and collect a puppy the next! I try to explain (gently as I can!) that there are few and far litters born in the UK, and that those of us who care about the future of the breed and the welfare of the individual hounds, are NOT churning out litter after litter, and having a ready-made stream of puppies available for casual enquirers. They seem surprised when I explain that we want to meet their family, do home checks and ask a lot of questions. Most we never hear from again, and some I see acquire puppies elsewhere, or simply move onto the next breed on their wish list....very few make the visiting stage or the puppy list. One even had the nerve to say I was making it hard for them to get a puppy from me, as if I had nothing better to do with my time.......well yes I was.....they lived in a city with virtually no garden, a tiny baby, and were out most of the day....where exactly would a primitive hunting hound fit into that lifestyle???
Rant over!

1 comment: